Tuesday, May 22, 2012

River: June 1, 2002 - March 26th, 2012

It's for YOUR dog...help for canine cancer; help for mental illness

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html

Just a week after my last post, River gave me the high sign. Time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure all of you have had that moment when you just knew. So, on the first day of my new job at a big bank, I had to muster through training with the knowledge I would have to come home and then, of course, take her home.

I have been devastated. But, what saved me was that I'd started meditating weeks earlier and have much to tell you, the reader, about how I received very interesting spiritual messages and gifts that led me to being okay with River's passing. I am journaling each day about these meditations and want to share with you what they have done for me.

First things first. We are still on the movie mission. It is for all dogs everywhere and their owners; a story of survival and championing over great odds. River is the living testimony to that and now as a "spirit" dog; a spiritual testimony. She is still here in her invisible divine self telling me to keep going, keep telling everyone's story who has overcome great odds to be where they are.

It is a miracle to know that even though I miss her on the physical plane, I still feel her all around me. She is still my sweet guide dog.

I will write more of this. I will share the incredible meditations and I am also inviting some of my writer friends to share their stories here, too. You will see these soon. Notably, Barrett and Bett Norris, both coming in the following days and weeks.

River was a teacher for me - as is your dog or cat is a teacher to you. She taught me patience, loyalty, forgiveness, fun, silliness, and how to be a better human being in the face of crises.

She will live in my heart forever, just like all the dogs in my life live. Nothing - not even God will ever take that away.

Cheers to our animals.

All my love,

Ruth (and River)



No comments:

Post a Comment