Saturday, February 4, 2012

Poets and Writers

It's all for OUR dogs...


Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!

Year 2 of Forever

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)


http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html


River sleeps at my feet as I tap this blog out to my 42 followers. A gutteral moan issues from her glottal lobe each time she turns over and lies on her side. Sweet baby...over a year after surgery, my three-legged dreamboat is still my guardian of being.
 
Passing the time, my girlfriend is watching "As Good as It Gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. Great writing. Jack Nicholson is a lovely son-of-an-OCD-bitch. I love his mannerisms and recalculations on words and nuances. He's the whole movie.
 
This morning I passed some time thinking on my good friend Patrice who is dying of pancreatic cancer. We had a prayer group on Monday and chanted "Happy Trails. Go in Peace. We love You." She still lingers and I still wonder why she's hanging on.
 
While I was thinking on her, I picked up Poets and Writers Magazine and began to read stories of inspiration on writing and revision and am always amazed at the articles written in that magazine. They tell stories with such grace and wisdom and detail and I find myself saying, "how can I write like that?" Then first lines of books begin to daudle around the ether of my brain and stuff like this comes out:
 
Sitting on a stack of milk crates by rotting bananas in the office of the Garrisonville 7 Eleven, I point to words on a page on a eight dollar cancer policy and watch the Hispanic store clerk glaze over like a Krispy Kreme.
 
I love the inspiration.
 
I love my guardian of being.
 
I love Helen Hunt.
 
I want 4.2 million people to read all of my books.
 
I will renew my magazine subscription to Poets and Writers. I wish my friend to pass on and float like an angel into the ether. Go.
 
Till next time,
 
xoxo,
 
Ruth and River
 
p.s. The Mystic Market is OUT! If you want a copy of it, go to bellabooks.com, Amazon or your local bookstore. They will order one up for ya.

2 comments:

  1. for just a minute I was standing in that office door wondering what the clerk would decide. Yup, you're that good.

    Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm Ruth....to use your own words, you do " write with such grace and wisdom and detail."

    Your books rock,they make me think and make me re-read certain sections to make sure I am getting all that I should. They stay with me and they're always a suggestion when someone wants to read an author they haven't read before.

    Keep writing and we'll keep reading.

    Give River a hug, hope you're all doing well.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete