Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Three-legged Genius

It's all for OUR dogs...



Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!


Day 363 of Forever


Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html

The more I look at my dog, the less intelligent I feel. A priceless feeling.

How smart is she? Sleeping, perking up her ears at all meals, playing in the leaves, sleeping, licking, chewing on a rawhide...all the "ings" I'd like to be doing in my day-to-day life. Wouldn't it be great if we could perk up our ears and cock our head at the waitress/waiter who brings our food? Wouldn't it be great if I could go out and roll in the leaves and not think of the neighbors judging us for adult-onset insanity? Wouldn't it be great if we could chew on some jerky and look out the window all day long?

Perfect.

Eckhart Tolle thinks so, too. I have been reading his book, Stillness Speaks. And, what he suggests or guides us into believing is that Nature and Animals teach us the lessons we need each and every day. The animals live in the Now...not worried about what happened yesterday or what will happen tomorrow. Just right Now. I love that. In one of his remarks, Tolle says that animals have a perfect day just by sleeping near a window - letting the sun rise and the sun set. Or, "allowing" the sun rise and to set.

When I meditate on my dog...as most of you readers - don't we find them interesting? The sniffing, the "you are the best owner in the world where have you been all day I love youuuuuu" reaction you get each day when you come home. The tail wag when you call their name. I'm going to start swishing my tail when I see my partner and see what happens.

They are here to teach us and here to keep us sane. No wonder they sleep so much...keeping us sane is a full-time job.

River sleeps so much. She's on two pain pills a day but it doesn't seem to dull her. She's the same voracious eater, the same lover of me when I come home from gassing up my car, the same sweetness to let my eyes rest on when I feel jiggie. Sometimes, she winks - both eyes. I wink back - one eye. Full on love.

I plan on winking at people today just to let them know I think they are cool;)

What a smart idea!








No comments:

Post a Comment