Friday, December 23, 2011

The Three-Legged Wonder Dog says Merry Christmas!

It's all for OUR dogs...


Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!


Day 350 of Forever

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html

It's almost been a year and I'm up from working long hours and traveling here and there to sell health insurance. If any of you have ever done that - bless you. I feel a bit like Willy Loman; but, am taking a more positive spin and calling myself Ruth Highman. Although I know that sounds a bit clinical. Sorry.

River is good. She's not great. But she's a star no matter how you pin one on her. It has been a year since she had her rear leg amputated and while she's slowing down quite a bit, my large furry miracle maker is still making a believer out of me.

And, isn't that what the season is all about. Miracles.

We are closing in on one year on our vision quest and I still see that we will one day have our story make it to the big screen. I have encountered "no's"; this is not my "genre"; and "not now's"; or just plain old silence. The letters I sent to Sissy Spacek and the Charlottesville SPCA went unanswered and I've reached out to local Virginia Film companies - silence. Yes, we have called on national and local celebs...all silence.

That's okay. Timing is everything.

This year is a silent one. But, when a dog is as prophetic as River is, we can handle that.

River's time with us is drawing nigh. She is on pain meds twice a day and I am feeding her whatever she wants and I take her on daily jaunts in the neighborhood when I can. Some of you know who have been reading my intermittent blog know that she has starred in two of my books. The second one was about a three-legged dog long before she herself became one due to soft tissue sarcoma.

Our dogs teach us so many lessons. This year while I've tried to make a living, River has taught me more patience than ever, more courage in the face of pain, and tenderness.

Just look at her here in this pic. She's got her two favorite books, a message, and is as relaxed as an angel.

I'll take this over anything.

Bless all of you. Merry Christmas - Happy New Year...be kind to yourselves, each other, and your animals!


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Ruth and River! May your dreams and wishes come true. Health and Prosperity for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete