Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 128 of 365...We are still working on it!

It's all for OUR dogs...

Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday  (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!

Day 128 of 365

Here's how the story begins:   (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Since the inception of my new job as an Aflac agent, time has become a scarce commodity. River went through her 5th and last chemo treatment on April the 21st and I've traveled out of town to four different locales. While it's nice to be working full-time, I do miss this blog everyday...but, mostly, I miss River. Perhaps the time apart has given us both a bit of a break.

Ironically, I just set up my favorite bookstore in town with Aflac...a great store in historic Shockoe Slip where Kelly Justice (the owner) is one great lover of books and can "chinwag" with you on just about anything. While there late this past Friday, I happened to notice that she was carrying Alexandra Horowitz's novel called, Inside of a Dog. I giggled at the blogs I wrote about this one and the large words she used that might throw a reader off. Remember: inculcate. Who uses that edifying-monkey word anyway?

I didn't ask Kelly if she knew anyone in Hollywood who could help with our vision quest. But that's okay. If we have to blog past a year to get there, we will. I will not give up. Just as River has and won't give up. Like most of our furry friends, they charge on whether they have obstacles or not.

To date, I believe the only obstacles River encounters are the chipmunks she can't catch up with and her next door black lab boyfriend, Bogey, who doesn't come out often enough to sniff around.

Stay with us. You forty followers and beyond. We may be slow getting back here to blog, but once I find my rhythm with my new job and editing my fifth book: The Mystic Market...due out this fall, we will be back more often.

River's words of wisdom: "Patience and persistence will prevail."

Love to you all,


Ruth and River


1 comment:

  1. I've missed you and River. Glad all is well and I'm looking forward to seeing you in Orlando.Happy Spring!
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete