Sunday, March 13, 2011

River - Today, Grandma needs some help...

It's all for OUR dogs...

Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday  (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!

Day 66 of 365

Here's how the story begins:   (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "When you get excited about going to the park...hold tight, something may interrupt the plan."

This morning, I awoke to a beautiful sun shiny day. The air quickly got warm and I drank coffee and watched my favorite Sunday morning show on CBS. River ate with gusto and we did a twicer out the back door before I settled in with a bucket of cereal laden with milk. I usually eat it and then River gets to lick the bowl.

This morning, Heather got up late and we both decided to take River to the park for the first time in months. We made a plan to go to PetSmart to get her a special bootie for her and to buy batteries for the camera so we can begin to make a video montage. Already we have some pictures to post of other pooches but want to make it one big gig...

This morning, just as we were getting ready to go, my grandmother's assisted living facility called. She'd fallen and hit her head and her left leg was causing her some pain. Grandma is 92 and has severe dementia. A bit after the fall, she couldn't even remember doing it.

We hustled River outside for a bathroom break and then hustled to the assisted living facility. Grandma (or Amma as I call her), was looking all right, but we decided it best to go to the ER and get her totally cat scanned to make sure.

I road in ambulance with her so that she would understand and not be afraid. Of course, when we got to the ER, you can imagine that they were full up and Amma was low on the totem pole. We were there from noon till after 4 p.m. By the time we got her home, it was close to 5 p.m. She checked out fine...it was good to be sure.

River didn't go to the park today. But, that's okay, sometimes other things and people take precedence.

When River was having surgery, I remember Amma saying she would pray for her. "Write it on a piece of paper!" she demanded. I did. I wrote in big letters, "Pray for River during her surgery and after."

Amma said, "I will." Then she added, "that's for damn sure." Go, Amma!

River just sidled up to me and is panting and nudging for me to get off the computer and spend some time with her. So, I will.

Love to you today...please send me your dog pics!!! Let's all shout out to Ellen and Oprah that River and Ruth need their "pull" in Hollywood.

Love

Ruth and River



For more on Piper's Someday, please go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/ or to http://www.amazon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment