Thursday, March 10, 2011

River - Everyone says go for ELLEN!

It's all for OUR dogs...

Our goal: To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday  (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!

Day 63 of 365

Here's how the story begins:   (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "Call Ellen or something."

Today, River had chemo treatment number three. Something feels different with her and I can't put my finger on it. Dr. Fulmer was informative and understanding. She told me that the signs she's exhibiting are probably exclusive of the cancer and it may be something else. Cushings was a word she brought up...it is treatable. We may do an ultrasound next time to see what's going on with her adrenal glands, etc.

I drank a smoothie and talked to a guy next to me. His dog Katie, a black lab, was next in line for chemo after River. Her cancer was in her anal glands, I believe. Her backside was shaved. She sidled up to me a few times and we had a nice visit. The owner was very sweet and said he was there because he wanted to make sure that they got it all after all of the surgery.

River's in the same boat.

People I keep talking to keep saying I should contact Ellen DeGeneres. Let me tell you...over the years, I have written to her about GLBT issues and I have written to her thanking her for her contributions to the GLBT community. Heather (my partner) sent her my first book, Vera's Still Point...even before she was my partner - nice chick, eh? And, earlier on in this blog, I reached out on her site and other people have as well.

She could surely help and my cousin suggested I send her a book and a letter. I can do this if I had a street address, I guess. No problem. I will google around to see if I can find one. I guess I can send it to the Warner Brothers Studio in L.A. in her name. If anyone of you reading this can find an address, then let me know. Thanks...

I feel that making a movie about my second book can raise awareness and money for the canine cause. River is the mascot leading the way...at least from my corner, my vantage point.

She lies very still next to me as I write this...I dream of a day when someone will take notice of this great story and how it resonates from the heart.

I'm bouncing around a bit here, but the neatest thing that happened today was a young, sweet technician came bouncing out of the back room when River and I came in. She said to me, "Were you driving to Richmond from Norfolk on I-64 on Sunday?" I said, "Yes, I was!" She then jumped up and down and said that she saw the bumper sticker we have on the back of Heather's car. "I saw the bumper sticker!" she exclaimed.

We embraced. A connection miles away on a highway via a bumper sticker I got off of vistaprint.

Anyone want a bumper sticker???

Love,


Ruth and River


The above pic shows the bumper sticker that Heather and I both have on our cars...we still want those dog stories. Bring them on!

Love, love!

For more on Piper's Someday, go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/ or to http://www.amazon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment