Friday, March 4, 2011

River - Doing Okay...

Remember the Goal

It's all for OUR dogs...

To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday  (the book River stars in) into a movie. If you can help, contact me!

Day 57 of 365

Here's how the story begins:   (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "On off days...lay low."

Today, River is okay. She has some elevated values but her urine sample checked out okay. When we go to chemo next week, our oncologist will do some more tests to check her out.

My vet and the oncologist have to synch up and compare notes. For right now, River seems to be okay. Heather and I are checking in on her throughout the day and so has my mom.

We dog owners are doters...looking, watching for any signs that something might be up. For River right now, she's drinking lots of water and seems to be panting more than usual. Plus her body looks really bloated.

We'll keep watch.

I'm keeping the blog short today as I've had some sad news that my very good friend Linda Newsom lost her mother today. I blogged about Amelia Newsom a few weeks ago because her son was donating part of his liver so that she could live. The surgery went well but Amelia was in a coma until today.

So, to our dog lovers, Linda and Lori, both River and Heather and I say, "we're sorry!" "We're sorry about your sweet mother passing on."

That's all for today. Just send good thoughts, vibes, prayers or whatever into the universe for Amelia Newsom's sweet soul and for her family.

Off to dote on my dog.

Love to you all,

Ruth and River

No comments:

Post a Comment