Thursday, February 24, 2011

River - Loves Saltines...

Remember the Goal

It's all for OUR dogs...

To find a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday
(the book River stars in) into a movie...if you can help, contact me!

Day 50 of 365

Here's how the story begins:   (start here if you are new)

http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "When your mom gets a migraine, crackers are extra good."

River and I share saltine crackers - a staple in our home. We always have two boxes in stock in case of peanut butter cracker attacks, in case we have some Campbell's soup that needs addressing, or in the case mom has a migraine.

Migraines suck. I have one now as I type this out but Immitrex seems to be assuaging me for the moment. At present mine are based on hormones and stress. The stress today is my new work and my large learning curve. But that's okay...I've still got all my appendages and I can see all right.

River is crunching behind me and as we celebrate 50 days of taking pictures, writing blogs, and doing videos - I realize we have much to honor. River is close to ten weeks out from surgery and as you've witnessed, she can sit fairly comfortably, run around with a stick, and still do half a dozen tricks. She can no longer do several because of the amputation.

But, I'm clear on one thing. You CAN teach an aging dog new tricks. So, if any of you have a trick you'd like River to learn, then send it in. We will train for a few days and then see if we can get it on video in honor of whoever sends in the request.

Let's have some fun!

Ask River to learn a new trick and we'll see if we can tube it for you.

For today, I'm back to bed.

Oh, by the way, if you can forward this blog to just one friend, River will appreciate it. Thanks to all who have written in and helped and sent in money to Fetch...people are taking note of the story...people are starting to listen.

Love, Love,

Ruth and River



For more on Piper's Someday, please go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/

Write to River and me on Facebook: just type in my name and send us a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment