Wednesday, February 9, 2011

River - Lover of Naps...

Day 35 of 365

For Newbies: Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "When you're tired, curl up on your favorite spot, exhale fully and wink your eyes till closed."

Today, I'm whipped.

Three days of travel to and from Charlottesville has given me the woozies. My eyes are red and I'm looking for a train of thought that won't get derailed.

On days like this, I have to remember that each day counts. Each day counts for River because as we all know - her days are numbered. We may have decades to bear out, but I'm afraid River is low on life dividends. She got re-upped on the life program in December...which is wonderful...we've got much to do yet.

We have chemo this Friday.

So, tomorrow...we will study our material to get our insurance license and I will take River on a walk or a fast drag (she drags me) around the neighborhood. If we get particularly experimental, I might take her to the park and video tape the escapade.

Today...it is short and sweet. We love you, the reader. Please stay with us...even when we're exhausted. We will be here to day 365 or to when River says "enough."

Good night.

Love to you,

Ruth and River


For more on Piper's Someday - the book River stars in, go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/

Love, love.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the bone, River!! I'll have to get you another one.
    Good luck with the chemo tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and mom.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete