Monday, February 21, 2011

River - Lost in the Wild of Where to Go Next...

Remember the goal:Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...if you can help, contact me!

Day 47 of 365

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)
http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "Ask your friends for more help."

Yesterday, Fetchacure received a great donation for the cause. I was incredulous.

Today, we are asking for more leads. We're stuck, to be honest.

Tomorrow, my partner, Heather Campbell, will guest blog as I will be at a conference all day...so, we're excited about that. Heather is River's other mom and has been a steadfast pillar of support for the journey. If it hadn't been for Heather, I would not have been able to pay for some of River's vet bills. She gets an A+++.

At any rate, today we're feeling a bit stuck. We've been passing the word along and asking people to send us their stories and suggestions. I've run into dead ends on all of the leads except a few. I haven't heard back from a number of organizations I've contacted.

But, we'll trudge on...to make things easy, just type in Ruth Perkinson into Facebook and send me a message with your ideas. In the first week, we got aplenty, but as time marches on, we get distracted and that's absolutely fine.

But, time is of the essence for River.

So, if you know of someone I need to be talking to, then please send me a note.

Till tomorrow, we're sending hugs and wags and sloppy kisses to all of you. Please send this blog along to anyone you think may want to help. Also, don't forget to send us your dog stories. We'd love to write about them here.

Love,


Ruth and River



Love, Love.

For more information on Piper's Someday, please go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment