Tuesday, February 15, 2011

River - Helping Mom Study...

Remember the goal:
Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...if you can help, contact me!

Day 41 of 365

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)
http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "Understanding health insurance is harder than sniffing molecules."

As we've learned, sniffing molecules is easy for dogs. They can sniff out cancer at an unbelievable accuracy rate. It's a wonder we don't hire them to work in medical centers and doctors' offices to see if the sniffer can detect cancer early on.

Hmm. There might be something to that.

Today has been arduous for me as I go in early tomorrow morning and take a state health exam so I can get licensed. For those of you who have been through the grueling, abstract material, I have a bucket of drool (I know, gross) and a brain that is complete mush.

I just put that material down, meditated, and then took River out to see the stars while she took a "whiz." Today, she road with me to find the testing site. I'm using my partner's vehicle and you should see all the pillows and blankets I have in the passenger seat for her. It's a small cocoon. She can lie down and still put her head up every now and again to smell the wind. It's one of her all time faves. I can't let her stand, nor can I truly buckle her in, so we take a leap of faith getting around town.

I'm still looking for leads. The leads I got when this was all fresh have not turned into much. So, we will push ahead and just keep asking readers out there to share with just one person. Perhaps your sharing with one person will lead to what we need at the end of our journey: someone who wants to produce the movie. Which, of course, will start a new journey. A new one for all of us...sounds exciting to me.

So, here's to all you lovely readers out there. Thanks for taking good care of your dogs and cats. If you have an interesting tale...bring it. We'd love to talk about you.

More tomorrow. Going to find a pillow and get some shut eye. River will hop in to sidle up next to me on her big dog mattress. She's got two...one for the living room where she sleeps with her penguin, assorted bonies, and a duck.

Good girl.

Love to you,

Ruth and River



For more on Piper's Someday, go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/


2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the test tomorrow, Ruth! River was a good girl and did her part now it's your turn to do yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your test, you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete