Tuesday, February 22, 2011

River - Heather Campbell Blogs...

Remember the goal:Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...if you can help, contact me!

Day 48 of 365

Here's how the story begins: (start here if you are new)
http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

River's wags of wisdom for today: "Invite my other mother to weigh in."


Hello everyone out there.  Heather here, doing the guest blog :) 

I have to confess this is my first blog EVER.  I’ve somehow managed to miss the technological social networking train.  While I have a facebook page, I’ve never entered a status.  And, I’m aware of twitter and tweets, but haven’t a clue how it works.  Even this blog – I’m typing in a word document, which Ruth will somehow copy and upload to the website sometime this evening…

But, I digress.  I’m here to write about River.

If you’ve been checking-in each day, Ruth has been sharing stories of River’s early days throughout the blogs.  I have a few firsthand memories of Ruth’s exasperation with River’s energy and antics.  Dog tales would reference “the sweet dog” (Scout), and “the mad dog” (River).  However, as explained previously, once it was discovered that River’s energy and intelligence just needed an outlet (a job), she became a completely different dog.

I had the privilege to visit the Virginia Home with Ruth and River on a couple of occasions, and personally witnessed River’s therapy work in action.  The residents absolutely lit up with her presence and tricks.  The joy and healing that River offered were unbelievable and amazing to behold.

The journey from River’s diagnosis to surgery to ongoing recovery has been quite unbelievable and amazing, as well… and quite the learning process.  It is astounding what spirit and grace this sweet dog has exhibited.  I will never forget picking River up the day after surgery, and River pulling Ruth and me down the hall to the door.  Her attitude was one of “What leg?”  While the recovery of the incision did take some time, I still stare in wonder when River runs, plays, darts, rolls, jumps, and chases without hindrance.  Several people have stated “Wouldn’t it be nice if humans had the same outlook”.  No kidding.

Hope everyone out there is enjoying the pictures and videos.  I think the videos do a great job of showing River’s happy, beautiful spirit.

To make a quick plug for making Piper’s Someday into a movie --- I think it’s an awesome idea!!  If you haven’t read the book, please do --- you will totally agree it will be excellent on the big screen.

Much love and many blessings!  And, thanks for reading!

Heather (the other mom)


2 comments:

  1. Great job blogging, Heather. River is so beautiful. The lovelight trul shines in her eyes.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bren...you're a great follower...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete