Monday, February 7, 2011

Home Alone

Day 33 of 365

For Newbies: Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "Home ALONE with the cat...stay low and clear of tight spaces; expect the unexpected!"

So, today I had to drive to Charlottesville to begin a three-day training seminar to become a licensed insurance agent in Virginia.

My brain is mush. This post will be short and sweet and to the point. Like Hemingway but without the absinthe...too trippy for me.

River stayed home today and I engaged Nanny Perk and my partner to come to the house at varying times to check on her. It's the first time we've been apart for more than several hours since I went to California in October.

I missed her. Class is fine...but I found myself saying to everyone as class introductions began, "My name is Ruth Perkinson. I live in Richmond, Virginia. I have a dog named River (and gave them the short of her tale) and if I were to win the lottery (one of the questions posed by our trainer), I would pay off my mortgage and give the rest to canine cancer. Whether they believed me or not is inconsequential...I then went on to say that we have a growing community excited about the prospect of making Piper's Someday into a movie. I got a lot of stares...but, who cares...right. We've got a dream...

Keep going...

I'm off to study for my class tomorrow as I'm up at 5:30 to make the trek. I wish our animals could go to work with us. Every company should have doggie day care, like child care, so we can visit with our pooches on breaks and go for a walk during lunch. Wouldn't that be cool?

And, as for insurance regulations in the state of Virginia...wow! I need to research pet insurance and see what the statutes are on that.

So, for today...woof, woof. Off to homework. River used to eat paper when she was a pup...hmmm.

Love to you,


Ruth and River



River loves a stuffed toy...here she's hanging out with the Aflac Duck...
For more on River and Piper's Someday, go to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ or to http://www.bellabooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment