Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Presents from Fans...Oooo Whee!

Day 34 of 365

For Newbies: Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "When someone gives you a gift, rip it open and eat it."

Today, I got home from another day of training in Charlottesville to a kind note sent to me via my mother to River. It is from a reader of my books...I'll just use her first name only - Laura. Laura went over to my sister's office where my mother is known as "Sue-the-Glue" because she holds everyone together - including me. They had a chinwag - as my dad says sometimes - and Laura gave my mom a note for her to give to River.

Since I've been out of town, my mom swang on by my house (my partner's house) and left the letter and the gift on the counter. My mom's been checking on River (and Heather, too) while I've been out of town for training.

Anyway, Laura wrote me and River about how she had gone to PetSmart and bought a special bone for River. I think it had bacon crack laced in it because River took to it immediately and ate it in a matter of minutes. Phenomenal. Laura told me how sweet the gentleman was at PetSmart who helped her and how they deliberated over the particular bone she bought for River.  Laura said that the fellow from PetSmart said (for me), "to keep your spirits up and follow your dogs lead."

Thank you, Laura. You are a dear human being for going out of your way on a work day and stopping by my sister's office.

This is River's first "treat" from a fan and so we are bringing you the pictures of her while she's chewing on it (it's hard to see...but the joy on her face is THERE) and then a picture of her licking her paws afterward.

Go, River, Go...thank you for your kindness. It doesn't go unnoticed.

For today, we're signing off. Too popped to poop.

Love,

Ruth and River



No comments:

Post a Comment