Thursday, January 27, 2011

When in Doubt - EAT!

Day 22 of 365

For Newbies: Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "Eat. Eat. Eat. Then lick, lick, lick..."

When in doubt, I sometimes eat to find solace.

So, we are on day 22 of 365 and I've written to a bunch of different places and have had no response back. Not one. Not from anyone. I've heard from readers and did have an interview with a the handsome man from Gay RVA...we are awaiting that story to unfold...and my wonderful publisher (ahem - Karin Kallmaker - thank you!) did post a blog about us at http://blog.bellabooks.com/ but, not from anyone else.

That's okay. We have food. And, we do have a start...35 followers is more followers than days we've been writing.

River's not worried one bit. I wish it were that easy for humans.

River eats with gusto and veracity. I used to time her when I put her food down. A whole bowl of kibble could be eaten in about 72 seconds. Today, it's a bit longer because we have broth and chicken added to the mix...so, the licking is drawn out. It's fun to watch her do what she loves: eat, play, lick, snuggle, bark, frolick...all on three legs. Yesterday, I was gone for two hours and when she greeted me at my vehicle, she practically jumped in the air. Funny.

So, I'm not sure where this particular blog is going except that I feel a bit stuck and don't know where to go next. But, this is just day 22...I have to remember that there are many days ahead and this is about River and raising awareness for canine cancer and not about me and any of my issues.

We will trudge ahead every day. She's by my side as I type this out...licking my leg and whining for me to stop and play with her.

So, I will.

We love you all for checking in and reading. Please share your stories with us!

Love to you

Ruth and River



P.S. If you want to share your story with River, please write to us at my Web site or on Facebook. My web site is http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ (I would put my e-mail here, but would get too much spam).

When you write, please tell me the following:

1. Your Name
2. Your Pet's Name
3. Your story
4. Will you join River, Scout, and Chloe on our vision quest...can we add your dog's name?

No comments:

Post a Comment