Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Out of the Wound comes the Gift

Day 20 of 365

For Newbies: Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "Bliss is found in the gift that comes out of the wound."

I talked to my priest yesterday. He has over four thousand parishioners. I truly don't know how he manages all of the people, the praying, the money, the pope, the school, the mortgage, the praying, the listening...

But, he does. And, he asked about River. He's a sweet, sweet man who genuinely cares. I emotionally vomited and told him all about her stuff and some of mine. He then said, "Wow, instead of getting one big thing, you got, like, twelve."

Yes, I did. But, I must remember what River teaches me. She nudges me at the computer and tries to fwing, I mean fling, my arm in the air to take her outside and play (she's actually doing this as I type this). She still eats with a voracious appetite and is outrunning me around the neighborhood, stopping traffic and people who ask about her missing leg.

River could care less about the missing leg and more about the amazing attention she's getting by showing off. Yes, she's a showoff. "Look at me! Ha, ha, ha!" she seems to say as she's balancing on two legs and chewing a stick. "Look at me, I can still whiz without peeing on my good rear leg - now that's balance." She's literally running and jumping. Even with chemo, she's never missed a beat...her coutenance is always loving and like, "how can I help by being very cute and standing next to you and cocking my head to one side?"

Her story continues each day. I thought I might not have much to say or write about but we are on day 20 and it seems as if each day something new happens.

River played with our friend Lee today. She hasn't seen her in a few weeks and when we went out in the yard, River jumped and leaned and twisted and body wagged all over the place for Lee.

Show off. Lee loved it.

Bliss.

Love,

Ruth and River

Piper's Someday - the book River stars in  http://www.bellabooks.com/
got to Amazon for reviews or to http://www.ruthperkinson.net/

River's sleepy after a day of showing off:

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful blog about how we need to see the good things in life, too often we focus on the negative. Thanks to you and River, you make me look at each day as a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete