Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Week...Calling on Delta Society

Go to http://www.bellabooks.com/ to get a copy of Piper's Someday if you want one.

Day 12 of 365

We are up to 31 followers! Yahoo! Forward this blog to just one or two of your friends! It just takes a minute;)

(Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "Eat with veracity and gusto - no time for idle bark."

River wants you all to know this week that she's healing everyday and in many ways. Just yesterday, she posed for some cute shots on her back and today when someone unknown visitor rang the doorbell, she actually jumped onto the sofa. First time I've seen that.

River made me go to Vista Print and get her some business cards. We put her blog information on there and what our mission is. Her photo is front and center. We even made a few bumper stickers...what the hey, right?

Friday, we start chemotherapy and even though River could care less, mom is a bit worried. We go in the morning and we'll see how she does.

For those of you newcomers, we've been writing about reader's suggestions to get River's story to the big screen. We're looking for producers who are interested in great dog stories. Piper's Someday is the story River prophetically starred in several years ago. Go to my website: http://www.ruthperkinson.net/ for more information on the book if you like.

We are also, week by week and day by day, sharing River's life journey to becoming a Delta certified therapy dog and to her journey to becoming a bit of a TV star on "Virginia Currents" (PBS) a while ago.

So, for a few years after the anti-anxiety medication took effect and the electric fence held River to the deck, we all had a good life. Scout (my yellow lab mix), continued to snarl at her around food or bonies and River just arced around her and jumped into my lap. At seventy pounds, it was like a small elephant drop.

In early 2005, Scout and River and I jaunted up and down our streets after I finished teaching school each day.

Then I got the news I was to have my first book published. A twenty-year dream come true. I fell on my knees when I got the phone call from my publisher, Linda Hill. I could barely contain myself.

River and Scout and I danced for close to a year before it came out...

Then, Scout was diagnosed with bladder cancer in June of 2005. River became invisible.

More on that tomorrow...today, I wrote to the Delta Society in the hopes that they may be able to back our cause in some way. I'm hoping I'll hear from others I've written, specifically Sissy Spacek and a few I've chatted with on Facebook, some via e-mail.

If I get any news, this blog will be the first to know! River loves all of you who are reading.

Love,

Ruth and River (and Gabriel)

No comments:

Post a Comment