Sunday, January 16, 2011

Howling for you...

Go to http://www.bellabooks.com/ to get a copy of Piper's Someday if you need one.

Day 11 of 365

(Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "When you need help...HOWL!"

Today, it is Sunday...River stayed home today while mom and Heather went to see True Grit, the movie. After we got home, the neighbor had his two dogs out. River's in love with the one named Bogie. They sniffed and wagged and River romped like I hadn't seen her romp since way before surgery. We watched while she shifted and hopped and twirled in circles - a sight to see. If the video camera were on, we'd have something to show you...

So, to continue the story of River's early days. She had a bad case of separation anxiety. So, when I left to go to work, I tried several things. I tried crating her...she got out of the crate. I tried leaving her out with Scout, only to come home to a house that had gone from clean to the mad hatter's palace, a scourge of toilet paper and trash and knocked over everything.

Then, I put her in the laundry room. She chewed the chairs, hopped on the dryer and tore the spindle out of the washing machine.

I was exhausted by the time she almost landed on my neighbor's head, so I took her to my vet and she put her on anti-anxiety medication. After a few weeks of consistent walking (shoulder out of socket) and the meds, Scout and I finally had time to breathe.

I taught her a few more tricks. "Up" or "Beg"; "Down - Stay"; "Who loves you?" which translates into her licking me on the face and me giving her a treat.

She was learning. Rather, I was.

Here's a pic of her on her back today. Heather is a better photographer than I am.

Sunday is a lazy day. River and I still hold out for more suggestions and help in our quest to find a producer. We have a local interview this week. We are excited...evidently, they'll be taking pictures.

Whoo Hoo. Howls about it!

Love to you,

Ruth and River (and Heather and that cat)


No comments:

Post a Comment