Friday, January 21, 2011

Chemotherapy - Treatment # 1

Go to http://www.bellabooks.com/ to get a copy of Piper's Someday if you'd like a copy...see Amazon for reviews or my Web site: http://www.ruthperkinson.net/

Day 16 of 365

32 Followers...can we get one another:)

(Here's how the story begins:  http://ruthperkinson.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1-of-365anyone-want-to-come-along.html)

Remember the goal: Finding a producer or celeb or anyone who will help make Piper's Someday (the book River stars in) into a movie...

River's words of wisdom for today: "Chemotherapy - Shmeemotherapy."

Today, River had her first chemotherapy treatment. Her bill is now in the seven thousand dollar range. Her bill today was $479.00. She's resting behind my chair as usual and has a blue bandage on her where they put the needle in on her front paw. She ate voraciously of chicken, broth, and kibble when she got home as she had to be fasted for the first round.

I don't begrudge any of the money...I don't miss my truck...but I know there are families out there who cannot afford to pay for a diagnosis of this sort and don't know that there are options out there to help. I know Fetch-A-Cure has special assistance for people who need it. Other organizations offer the same.

I know some people opt to just put the dog down. Ouch...I'm sure because they feel like there is no other way...it's too much trouble or whatever.

Cancer sucks.

So, today, River doesn't want her picture taken. I just got overlooked on a job that I thought I would get. Unemployed for close to a year. I may have twelve pins in my ankle; I may be going blind in my right eye; I may be running out of money but I could care less...

River is here. And, that's all that matters today.

Love to you all,

Ruth and River

2 comments:

  1. Ruth,

    River is such a lucky dog to have you as her Mom. Like you said there are alot of people that wouldn't do what you are doing for her but if it was one of my own I would be doing the same thing. Whatever it cost wouldn't matter. I hope she doesn't get sick from the chemo and that you guys have a good weekend.

    My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping the entire family in my thoughts. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete