Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Judith Orloff

Day after tomorrow, my girlfriend and I are leaving to go to Big Sur, California to do a three-day workshop with the renowned energy psychiatrist, Dr. Judith Orloff. My girlfriend turned me onto her writings and I've been hooked ever since. She's a meaty one, that Orloff. In essence, she's the one who termed the words, "energy vampire." You know the people in your family or even some of your friends who can put their sticky invisible suckers on you with their circuitous diatribes on the tornadic activity of their really important lives.

I know, I have been one. I have talked incessantly about why a family member doesn't do what I want them to do. Why can't my brother just show up and help with Grandma's move into assisted living? I mean, Jesus Christ, he's on the golf course every weekend but he can't help with the move. What's he doing on the back nine in that large noodle of his? Where is his awareness? And, my father, what happened to his memory? Should we move him in with grandma, too? Have you ever been around the energy vampire that was drunk and they kept saying the same story over and over. This is an ENERGY vampire! Run. Run, I say...

Orloff also talks about meditating, finding your inner emotional self, and giving the spirit of yourself a break. In fact, she tries, in my opinion to slow everything down a bit and just look at a serene painting, look at that cool tree, or pet your dog.

I'm off to complain about my ills to myself: my enduring weight problem, my bad ankle, my declining vision, my girlfriend's Catholic provinicial mother who can only see herself. At least this way, I won't suck anyone's energy.

I love Judith Orloff. Check out her site: http://www.drjudithorloff.com/

I've read her book, Positive Energy and am now enjoying the benefits of Emotional Freedom.

So, retract your suckers for a moment and read about who you are and who you don't want to be. She's really helped to change my life.

Ruth




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ruth! I'm familiar with Energy Vampires, yes! Am trying not to be one myself.

    ReplyDelete